“Jeffries”, a single outlet is located on the edge of a busy shopping area in Acocks Green, South Birmingham. We have been trading at our present location for forty years and during this time have built up an enviable reputation for quality service and competitive pricing.
Ron Jeffries began the business in 1951 with a shop in Cattell Road, Small Heath shortly followed by a shop at 13 Hockley Hill, Hockley. These premises were both purchased from us by developers. The current branch at 35-39 Shirley Road, Acocks Green was established in 1970 and the property purchased in 1972. This has been extensively developed over the years with two other properties being bought making a triple frontage unit. It still remains a family run business with Ron’s son Ian and daughter Nicola now at the helm, managed by Jason and Tom.
Below is a photograph of how we looked in the 1970's.